Saturday, January 12, 2013

First Time Blogger

First of all, to Professor Williams, I wanted to thank you for the quote you got from Spencer W. Kimball. "Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. There may be a flash of illumination here and a story of faithfulness there; you should truthfully record your real self and not what other people may see in you." (Kimball, "The Angels may quote from it")  

I  have never really been someone who journals, (I seem to have 7 separate journals with maybe 11 different entries) but you are pushing me to now keep a very public journal for everyone to read.  I must admit that it is a little nerve wracking.  

I guess for the first blog I should talk about my family and what family means to me.   I have a mother and father whom I love very much.  They support me in my decisions and love me for who I am.  They have always taught me to push myself to be the best that I can be and to look at all sides of situations. 


I have two older brothers (one of which is married) whom I adore, an older sister (who is married and has a child), and a little brother.  





We all live in different states now, but we are all still very close.  We definitely all have our differences and have the occasional argument, but I definitely know how lucky I am to have all of them in my life.  I know that if I ever had a problem and didn't know what to do, that they would be there for me with their wisdom, humor, and love.  They are the people that I turn to when I need someone most.

I am currently engaged (wedding in May) and am starting to learn the ways of compromise, differences, and new family.  



It is so interesting to me how families can be so different and be so much of the same.  Each family has their flaws, and each family has their advantages.   We are all learning together, and yet we all make mistakes.  I am thankful for the family that I have that has taught me so well and the same about my fiance's family.

I guess we will see where this blog leads me this semester and how much I learn about family and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment