Saturday, January 19, 2013

Family Myth!

The myth that intrigued me for this week's reading and learning in class was that the birth rate during the baby boom was 6-8 kids a woman.  MYTH!!!!  Looking at the facts and the research that people have done during this time and after it is very interesting.  There are many people during that time that definitely think that every woman was having too many kids.  Where in fact, there was only about 2.7 kids per woman.  This was not much higher than the 2.3 from before.

I gave an example of class about my father.  He comes from a family of 11 children.  Thinking about this absolutely astounds me sometimes.  I honestly can't imagine having so many siblings or so many children.  He was born during the baby boom and he has told me before that people used to not be nice about it.  They would criticize his parents and his family because there were so many children in it.  I just think that this is so awful!!  Apparently people were focusing on false information and the book that told everyone that there is not enough room or resources for all of these people to live on this Earth.

The most interesting fact out of all of this to me was that we have billions of people on this Earth today, yet we can all live together on the country of England.  It makes it seem like there are so many selfish people on this Earth thinking that they do not need to have any kids or that 1 is enough.  Personally, I do not know if I am going to be up to the 6-8 limit, but I do know that I will be having as many kids as I should with my soon to be husband and the Lord.  It takes all three of us to make that decision.


No comments:

Post a Comment