Saturday, February 16, 2013

What is LOVE?

As I have said before, I am engaged to a wonderful man named Andrew.  I love this man with my whole being and I am so proud and thankful that he entered my life and become so much apart of it.  This week in class, we learned about marriage and the different types of love.  There are several different types of love that were mentioned in class.  There are four different types to describe the word love.  The first is agape which means love or true love.  The second is eros which means passionate love, with sensual desire and longing.  The third love is philia which means affectionate regard or friendship.  And the last love is storge which means affection in regards to parents to offspring.

While learning about these different types of love, all I could think about is that I want all of those types of love in my life.  Not necessarily all from one person, but throughout my life I want to have all of those types of love.  With my soon to be husband, I want to have agape, eros, and philia.  I want Andrew to be my best friend, to love on me physically, and to be my true love.  So far, Andrew has been everything that I could have imagined, with the things that we can do now.  When we are married I know that the other part of love will be fulfilled too.  The part that I am most excited for is storge.  I watch my sister, brother in law, and nephew, and they are so much in love with him.  They would do anything for him and I can't wait to feel that way as well.  I have really enjoyed reading about love and everything that goes along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment